It is either you Advertise or remain unknown and that is the fate of anybody who wants to venture into any scale of business. You must advertise to get people know your products or services because you can have the best product which is actually very cool but if people don’t to know about it, how will you sell and make the money that is due to your product?
One of the amazing things about advertisement is that the more publicity you give to your products, the higher chances it will have to survive first and then succeed in the market. It can be regarded as a factor of demand. The more advertisement it gets, the more demand it gets. It guarantees you competitive advantage.
Let’s take a practical example with GLO Nigeria, according to the story, when GLO network came, it had little legitimacy because people were obsessed and satisfied with the services rendered by MTN. Many mobile networks that came before GLO could not stand the test of time and monstrous advertisement of MTN.
Glo has been advertising and they spend a lot of money on artists. That is simply because they want to promote their products. The rest I believe is not lost on you.
Read Also: How can Advertising help your Business?
You don’t have to spend so much on advertisement if you don’t have the money. Social Media advertisement cost very little. Sending email is free, creating a Facebook page is free, Twitter outreach is free, cold-calling is free, publicity is free, referrals are free.
You don’t really have to spend much as I stated earlier but you do need to spend. Advertising is in fact one of the marketing tactics that comes with an invoice.
Meanwhile, for you to get the desired result from your advertisement, you must write a check to run ads or send direct mail, often before seeing any results. In my experience people shy away from advertising, not because of the cost, but because they don’t know how to get results and they don’t understand the long-term residual effects.
If advertisement is going to be productive for you, you must do the following;
- You must be focused on a specific and ideal client and customer base.
- You also have to create awareness for valuable content with a call to action
- Measure leads and conversion fanatically and religiously.
Reasons Why You Should Advertise Your Business
When done effectively advertising is an essential part of mix because:
- Advertising is the only medium you can control – if you want your message to hit on the day a product launches or event is about to happen, this is the only vehicle you control completely.
- Advertising allows you to target ideal customers only – when you match a very personal message to a very select audience you get far greater connection.
- Advertising creates awareness for your content – The force that drives a great deal of conversion and trust building these days is educational content – ebooks, seminars and blog posts – advertising is a great way to help get that content found and consumed once you’ve gone to the effort to produce it.
- Advertising adds credibility to your message – Don’t ask me why this is exactly, but every time I run advertising people comment that business must be going well. The perception that you can afford advertising is often enough to sell and resell prospects and customers alike and makes it easier to get attention for your entire message.
- Advertising amplifies everything else you’re doing – When you are using advertising to create awareness for your content you automatically create more awareness for everything you are doing. Journalists find companies that advertise, referral sources remember companies that advertise, people fan and follow and friend from ads, and employees can point to well-placed ads as a source of pride in place they work.
Read Also: 15 Ways to Grow your Business Fast