The following skills are demanded of market professionals:
- Selling and Sales management, including the collection of payments
- Advertising – Creative way with less expenditures
- Sales promotion – good communications skill
- Public relations
- Exhibitions and other event management
- Packaging and branding
- Corporate identity and image
- Market research
- Encourage word of mouth
Above all, a marketing professional must master the art of persuasion (influencing and negotiating) and be patient, passionate and able to persevere at all times.
He or she must accept the fact that the customer is always the king.
Read Also: Classification of Marketing Functions
He or she must aim to inform and educate the customer and satisfy his/her needs, provide good backup service, maintain relationship and make sure that the customer pay the bills.
Basic Marketing Process
Under the marketing concept, the firm must find a way to discover unfulfilled customer needs and bring to market products that satisfy those needs.
The process of doing so can be modeled in a sequence of steps the situation is analyzed to identify opportunities, the strategy is formulated for a value proposition, tactical decision are made, the plan is implemented and the results are monitored.
Decision Implementation and Control
There are several frameworks that can be used to add structure to the situation analysis:
a) 5C Analysis – Company, customers, competitors, collaborations, climate. Company represents the internal situation; the other four cover aspects of the eternal situation.
b) PEST Analysis – Macro-environmental, political, economical, social, and technological factors and SWOT analysis strengthen weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
The marketing strategy involves, segmentation, target market selection, product positing within the target market and value proposition to the target market.
Marketing Mix Decisions means detailed tactical decisions ten are made for the controllable parameters of the marketing mix.
Read Also: Middlemen and Marketing Activities
The action items include:
- Product development – specifying designing, and producing the first units of the product. Pricing decisions
- Distribution contracts
- Promotional campaign development
- Farber’s Campaign Customer Rights
Farber (2005 P.155) list down the followings:
- The customer has the right to be told the truth
- The customer has the right to expect the salesperson to have expert knowledge
- The customer has the right to expect that all promises and commitments will be kept The customer has the right to be treated with dignity and respect
- The customer has the right to expect satisfaction from the product or service The customer has the right to a breakdown of cost and fees
- The customer has the right to service and support
- The customer has the right have calls returned promptly even when he or she may be calling with a problem or to complain
Read Also: Approaches to the Study of Marketing
In summary, marketing refers to the social management processes by which products, or groups‟ needs and wants. These processes include, but are not limited to advertising, (12 promotion, distribution, and sales).
Everyone markets something without even realizing it throughout his or her life.
Marketing is not mere selling. But selling is at the heart of marketing. Like it or not, marketing has been, is and will certainly be part and parcel our life.
If you are looking for a suitable job, you must know how to market yourself. If you want to win a competition, you must understand and practice the art of marketing, more soon the ability to communicate and influence your target audience efficiently and master the ways to develop a salable brand out of you or your products and services.
Learning marketing formally from experts will help you to understand and put into practice the proven ways of doing marketing.
Read Also: The Role of Marketing in Business
Do you have any questions, suggestions, or other contributions? Kindly use the comment box provided below for all your contributions. You are also encouraged to please kindly share this article with others you feel can benefit from this information if found useful enough as we may not be able to reach everyone at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing!
Have you visited our Market Place Today? Follow this link to visit WorldMarketSite.com Market Place now to check out our affordable products & services that might interest you and solve your current needs at a very cheap price.