A lot of people are yet to understand the unique characteristics attached with advertising their businesses online, that is why it is going to be our topic today.
According to research, some of the major characteristicsof advertising your business includes:
1) It informs: On a base level, marketing isuseful for customer education. Sure, you know the ins-and-outs of your productbut do your consumers? Therefore, in order to buy into a product, your audienceneeds to have a solid understanding of what it does and how it works.
According toCreativs, marketing is themost effective way to communicate your value proposition to your customers in a fun andinteresting way. If consumer education is on your priority list then marketingshould be too.
2) It equalizes: Modern marketing is a lessexpensive game than ever before. Social media platforms and email campaignshave made reaching out to consumers a much more finance-friendly possibility.For SMBs, smart marketing canhelp even the playing fieldwhen it comes to competing against big name competitors, explained Business 2Community contributor La Mancha Sims.
In fact,marketing may even give SMBs a leg up. Due to the smaller nature of theirbusinesses, SMB leaders often have much more time to pay attention to everyclient individually via the various marketing platforms. Modern consumers valueexperience over pricing, so this kind of one-on-one interaction could pushcustomers in your direction over bigger brands.
3) It sustains: According to Forty, marketing is morelike food than it is medicine.Essentially, marketing is meant to sustain a company’s presence not remedy alack of engagement. In this sense, marketing is something that businesses needto create and manage every day to maintain a healthy relationship with theirconsumers.
Marketing isimportant because it allows businesses to maintain long-lasting andever-present relationships with their audience. It is not a one-time fix; it isan ongoing strategy that helps businesses flourish.
4) It engages: Customer engagement is the heart ofany successful business – this is especially true for SMBs. Marketing solvesthe question of how to keep a conversation going once your customer has walkedout the door. In the past, face-to-face interactions made up much of B2Cengagement.
You walk in thepizza shop, talk to the hostess, laugh with the waiter, wave hello to the owneretc. While that in-person engagement is still alive and well, it’s no longerenough. Consumers want to be engaged outside the store.
This is wheremarketing comes in, and whatever the medium, you can send your customerscontent to keep them engaged beyond store hours. Your audience wants to form arelationship with your brand, and marketing can be used to do just that.
5) It sells: Marketing is important because ithelps you sell your products or services. The bottom line of any business is tomake money and marketing is an essential channel to reach that end goal.
Creativs explainedthat without marketing many businesses wouldn’t exist because marketing isultimately what drives sales. Sure, you need to have a good product but ifpeople don’t know about your offerings to begin with then how can you generatesales?
Put simply: You can’t.SMBs need to create fresh and inviting content to draw customers in and leadthem to a purchase. Marketing helps sales and sales help your business whatmore could you ask for?
6) It grows: Marketing is an important strategy to ensure the growth of your business. While your current customers should always be your main priority, marketing efforts can help you expand this base.
Little effortslike social media posts and email campaigns can not only engage existingconsumers but spread the word to new potential customers. In essence, marketingsecures your business’s future through new and old customer engagement.